11月 23, 2020 12:41 am #6016Elena Odomゲスト
The African American Writer’s Handbook
How to Get in Print and Stay in Print
by Robert Fleming
- Release date: April 4, 2000
- Genres: reference
- Language: english
- Format: paperback, 352 pages
- Author: Robert Fleming
- Publisher: One World/Ballantine
- ISBN: 9780345423276 (0345423275)
About The Book
With African Americans writing and buying books in record numbers, the time is ripe for a comprehensive publishing guide tailored expressly to the needs of this vibrant, creative community. The African American Writers Handbook meets this challenge perfectly. Written by veteran journalist and published author Robert Fleming, this book gives writers the heart, the determination, and above all the crucial information to publish successfully in this highly competitive field. Knowing the inner workings of the publishing industry provides any writer, novice or veteran, with a much needed advantage in the quest to get into print. Inside you’ll find
– A complete, step-by-step guide to every aspect of the publishing process, from the germination of a winning idea to the nuts and bolts of book production
– Tips on submitting proposals, query letters, and preparing manuscripts for submission
– Advice on negotiating contracts that extend careers
– How to use on-line resources for research and profit
– Interviews with top editors, agents, publishing executives, and bookstore owners
– Updated information on copyrights, subsidiary rights, sales and marketing
– The trials and triumphs of self-publishing
– The art of promoting your work and yourself to a wider audience
– An insider’s look at the economic realities of the book business
– And much more!
Here, too, are scores of inspiring interviews and capsule biographies of leading African American writers both past and present. How did Richard Wright become America’s first bestselling black writer? How did Zora Neale Hurston break through the artistic boundaries of the Harlem Renaissance long after her death? What was Toni Cade Bambara doing before she sold her first book? Why should Ann Petry, William Gardner Smith, Nella Larson, and William Melvin Kelley be revered wherever African American literature is read? Blending practical information and fascinating anecdotes with a mini literary history of African American writing, this upbeat, savvy, essential guide is a publishing primer with soul.
FB2 book The African American Writer’s Handbook read online for reader. MOBI ebook The African American Writer’s Handbook by Robert Fleming buy cheap on IndieBound. Paperback The African American Writer’s Handbook Robert Fleming.
TXT book The African American Writer’s Handbook download Mac on Dymocks. FictionBook The African American Writer’s Handbook by Robert Fleming buy on Kindle on Barnes & Noble. Hardback ebook The African American Writer’s Handbook read.
MP3 The African American Writer’s Handbook Robert Fleming for iPhone on Books-a-Million. Hardcover ebook The African American Writer’s Handbook download. EPUB book The African American Writer’s Handbook by Robert Fleming read on PC.