(Audiobook) I Die, but the Memory Lives on by Henning Mankell ~ 9781595580139

ホーム フォーラム オンラインサロンの掲示板 (Audiobook) I Die, but the Memory Lives on by Henning Mankell ~ 9781595580139

• このトピックは空です。
0件の返信スレッドを表示中
  • 投稿者
    投稿
    • #4925 返信
      Jessica Brubaker
      ゲスト

I Die, but the Memory Lives on
      by Henning Mankell

📕 I Die, but the Memory Lives on – Read More 📕

• Format: hardcover, 113 pages
      • ISBN: 9781595580139 (1595580131)
      • Release date: December 1, 2005
      • Language: english
      • Genres: africa, biography, contemporary, sweden, memoir
      • Publisher: The New Press
      • Author: Henning Mankell

About The Book

Henning Mankell, internationally famous creator of the bestselling Kurt Wallander mysteries, here offers a nonfiction fable about a heartrending tradition spawned by a major health crisis: the invaluable Memory Book Project, which gives those dying of AIDS an opportunity to record their lives in words and pictures for the children they leave behind.

In Uganda, Mankell finds village after village populated only by children and the elderly — those left behind after AIDS swept away an entire generation. These slim, intensely personal volumes can contain words, pictures, a pressed butterfly, or even grains of sand as ways to represent the lives lost to this devastating plague. Excerpts from Ugandan memory books appear throughout I Die, But My Memory Lives On and, together with Mankell’s narrative, they tell stories of individual lives while sounding a powerful warning about the threat of AIDS.

Featuring a foreword by Archbishop Desmond Tutu, the book includes an appendix listing AIDS organizations and resources. A portion of the book’s proceeds with be donated to AIDS charities in Africa.

MP3 I Die, but the Memory Lives on Henning Mankell read. TXT ebook I Die, but the Memory Lives on download for Kindle on Dymocks. Online book I Die, but the Memory Lives on by Henning Mankell PC. Hardback book I Die, but the Memory Lives on buy on Powells. FictionBook I Die, but the Memory Lives on buy cheap.

0件の返信スレッドを表示中
返信先: (Audiobook) I Die, but the Memory Lives on by Henning Mankell ~ 9781595580139
あなたの情報: